We are delighted that as of 16th June Greenmead Primary School is now open for pupils and staff.
To keep in line with government social distancing guidelines and minimising contacts pupils and staff are working in designated ‘hubs’ and we are not having any visitors to the site at this time.
All meetings are being held remotely through our online meeting platform, Microsoft TEAMS.
The school office is open Tuesdays – Thursdays 8.30am-3.00pm
Please email email@example.com for any further information about school business.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org if your query is urgent or it is an emergency. A member of the school senior leadership team will contact you.
We are continuing to keep you updated on our response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
On the 16th April the government announced a 3 week extension to the current lockdown restrictions to tackle the corona virus outbreak. Therefore, social distancing regulations remain in place.
For this reason Greenmead Primary School remains CLOSED to pupils and staff until further notice.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
The DfE have launched a helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
The importance of hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19. Please help by following simple and effective hand hygiene messages.
Advice on the coronavirus for places of education poster: GOV.UK
Where to find the latest information
Guidance: Covid-19 guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable: GOV.UK
Guidance: Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: What you can and can’t do: GOV.UK
Guidance: What parents and carers need to know about schools and other education settings during the coronavirus outbreak: GOV.UK
Guidance: Staying alert and safe (social distancing): GOV.UK
Guidance: Changes to the law on education, health and care needs assessments and plans due to coronavirus: GOV.UK
Guidance: On Shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable: GOV.UK
Guidance: Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection: GOV.UK
Coronavirus: What do all the terms mean? BBC News
Coronavirus symptoms: What are they and how do I protect myself? BBC News
Coronavirus: What social distancing and self-isolation rules? BBC News
How to protect your mental health: BBC News
Public Health England Advice to those who are ‘vulnerable’.
‘Vulnerable’ includes those who are:
• Under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (i.e. anyone instructed to get a flu jab)
• Those with chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema or bronchitis
• Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
• Chronic kidney disease
• Chronic liver disease
• Chronic neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability or cerebral palsy
• Problems with your spleen – for example sickle cell disease
• A weakened immune system as a result of conditions such as AIDS/HIV or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
• Those who are pregnant
• People who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
• People with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
• People with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia
• People with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma
• People with severe disease of body systems, such as sever kidney disease
• For now you should rigorously follow the social distancing advice in full.
The Friends of Greenmead (FOG) is the registered charity of Greenmead School. It depends on the support of parents, friends and staff for its success. Through FOG’s fundraising activities, Greenmead pupils have access to a range of facilities which would not otherwise be available. This includes funding Music Therapy. New parents are encouraged to join. If you would like to make a donation to the school please contact the school office or go to www.justgiving.com
Charity Name: Friends of Greenmead Charity No.: 1012795