Greenmead Outreach Service
Greenmead is a specialist primary school supporting pupils with learning difficulties. Many of our pupils have additional complex medical, physical and communication difficulties. We have a range of experienced and specialist staff who can offer outreach support to colleagues in mainstream primary and nursery settings in Wandsworth. We want to be able to help and support to ensure that where children’s learning/educational needs can be met in a mainstream setting this is fully supported.
Our specialist team can offer support with the following:
• Manual handling training and support including risk assessments
• Personal care and dignity support
• Medical signposting for pupils with health needs
• Total communication strategies including PODD, PECS, ALDs, other low tech and high-tech devices including eye gaze technology
• Support with delivering effective Intensive Interaction to non-verbal pupils to encourage engagement in learning and enjoyment in communication
• Structured teaching strategies to keep pupils motivated and engaged in independent learning
• Training for LSAs
• Access equipment needs
• Supporting non-verbal pupils to access their learning in a meaningful way
• Supporting teachers with assessment tools to ensure progress for all
• Differentiation of learning and support with IEPs
• Writing effective EHCAs and EHCPs
• Loan of specialist equipment
If we can’t help we’ll find someone who can!
If you require any further information, would like to arrange a visit to our school, please contact us.
You can download the schools Outreach Leaflet from the downloads section below, alternatively you can request a paper copy by contacting the school.
The Friends of Greenmead (FOG) is the registered charity of Greenmead School. It depends on the support of parents, friends and staff for its success. Through FOG’s fundraising activities, Greenmead pupils have access to a range of facilities which would not otherwise be available. This includes funding Music Therapy. New parents are encouraged to join. If you would like to make a donation to the school please contact the school office or go to www.justgiving.com
Charity Name: Friends of Greenmead Charity No.: 1012795